Exodus: Part II
EXPERIENCE Bel Air Church’s sermon series: Exodus Part II: Mountain & Sanctuary. We hope you join us in person [ 9, 11 a.m., or 6 p.m., except 2.10: 10 a.m. & 6 p.m. ] to see how this ancient story can be applied today and how we are all on our own journey, from the mountain to the sanctuary. This ARTWORK was specially commissioned by talented graphic painter, Scott Erickson, @scottthepainter. He is the same artist who created the artwork from last year's Exodus Series, Part I: Oppression & Liberation as well as our Stations of the Cross during Lent.
week 1: January 6
Join us, as we reveal a new piece of art every Sunday. We hope that you will have a Christ-centered conversation with someone who is not part
of Bel Air Church each week. See discussion questions below or the postcard in the bulletin each week... Mail to a friend or keep it as a reminder.
READ: Exodus 19:1–25
MAIN IDEA: Holy revelation is the best motivator for human transformation.
1. What typically motivates someone to make a new year’s resolution? Why are they so tough to keep?
2. What are some things that you want transformed in your life in 2019?
3. What tangible step can you take today to saturate your life in God’s holy revelation on a regular basis?
Watch this week's sermon here.
week 2: January 13
Water & Manna
READ: Exodus 15:22–17:7
MAIN IDEA: Our Hearts and God’s Glory are Revealed in the Wilderness
1. Can you recall a time in your life when you faced tremendous difficulty relationally, physical, financially, or spiritually? What was your first reaction when it happened?
2. Have you experienced positive transformation as a result of going through a difficult trial?
Has it shaped you to be more patient,
more resilient, more prayerful, etc.?
3. If so much transformation happens through difficulties in life, why do so many people try to avoid difficulties?
If you would like to know more about our Exodus Series, Part I: Oppression & Liberation, click here.