What We Believe
What Bel Air Presbyterian Church Believes
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His sacrificial death on the cross as payment for our sins, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that Jesus Christ alone saves lost and sinful people and brings them to new life.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who enables the Christian to live this new life.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – the saved to eternity with God, and the lost to eternal separation from God.
- We believe the Church is the family of God, people of every tribe, tongue and race, gathered together to joyfully celebrate and worship the risen Christ.
- We believe that we are called to serve God in the world, proclaiming in word and deed the Good News of the Gospel through acts of mercy, justice and compassionate service.
We believe that God has called us to help make Los Angeles the greatest City for Christ in America. We are called to be and to make disciples of Christ. A disciple is someone whose behavior and attitudes are being transformed into the likeness of Christ. We believe that in order to grow complete in our discipleship, it is imperative that we build bridges and partnerships with other churches in Los Angeles and around the world.
Fellowship of Presbyterians
Bel Air Presbyterian Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA), also known as the PC (USA). Bel Air is also a member of the Fellowship of Presbyterians.
For more information visit their websites. http://www.pcusa.org
We believe that those who pursue discipleship at Bel Air will live a life that is marked by four regular commitments:
1. Worshipping :: joy-filled adoration of God, both corporately and personally
2. Growing :: engaging in transformational communities
3. Serving :: using our gifts to serve the Body of Christ
4. Sharing :: living and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ